Previously known as Optiphen Plus. Preservative - Sorbic Acid +2 PF was developed as a highly effective broad spectrum antimicrobial alternative for personal care formulations requiring a paraben-free and formaldehyde-free preservative system.
Previously known as Optiphen Plus.
* Effective as a stand-alone system and also functions well with other preservatives.
* Offers effective protection against bacteria, yeast and mold growth while imparting emolliency.
* Performs best in formulations below 6.0 pH, but is also proven effective at pH levels above 6.0.
* Can be added to the formulation during pre- or post-emulsification at or below176°F (80°C). (Adding during water phase or cool-down phase preferred)
* May solidify at temperatures below 77F, if this occurs gently heat at 86 - 104F and stir to ensure homogeneity.
* Although Optiphen Plus provides excellent antimicrobial preservation, individual testing should be done to assure preservative efficacy. Addition of Optiphen Plus may result in thinner emulsions, so it is best to run a small test batch and increase thickeners as necessary to maintain product consistency
* Oil-soluble. Limited solubility in water-based formulations because sorbic acid is insoluble in water. But, manufacturer confirms that Optiphen Plus is effective in creams, lotions, shampoo, balms, salves & scrubs.
Recommended usage: 0.75 - 1.5%.
Appearance: Clear to light yellow non-viscous liquid
Shelf life: 24 months when properly stored in tightly closed cool, dry environment & protected from direct sunlight
INCI: Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid
Country Of Origin: United States